We have a great news for the immigrant aspirants who are eyeing a citizenship in Canada. The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program, QIIP 2018 is reopening in the September 2018 and the authorities have invited applications from immigrants all over the world. If you haven’t had the chance yet to apply for the coveted program, this is your time!
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program will reopen on Monday, 10th of September, 2018 until Friday, 15th of March, 2019.
The government of Quebec has published new regulations related to QIIP. As per the announcement made by the Quebec Government in March this year, some changes to the eligibility criteria will be made effective for all the upcoming applications. The changes that are approved are highlighted below.
List of the Approved Changes-
Take a look!
- Applicant now must have net assets of at least CAN $ 2000,000;
- Applicant must sign an agreement to invest CAN $1,200,000. This investment, for a 5-year term, is guaranteed by the Government of Quebec.
- The total financing option should cost a maximum of CAN $ 350,000.
- The conditions related to management experience remain the same.
The Canadian Government established Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) and Federal Immigrant Investor Program (FIIP) in 1986. FIIP has long ceased to operate but QIIP has converted thousands of families embrace Canadian citizenship. Here is some detailed info of what the QIIP entails now.
The main criteria to apply for QIIP 2018-2019 is enlisted below-
- The Applicant (and spouse) now must have a net worth of minimum CAN$ 2,000,000 obtained from legal sources. Earlier, the required net worth was a minimum CAN$ 1,600,000.
- The applicant must agree to invest CAN 1,200,000 with a broker or trust company authorized to take part in the investors program. Another financing option is available at the fraction of this price, for which you can check out this page. Earlier the expected investment amount was CAN $ 800,000 plus processing fees and additional charges.
- Applicant must be willing to settle in Quebec with the freedom of establishing in any Canadian Province or territory.
- Applicant must have at least 2 years of managerial or business experience in last 5 years.
- Applicant must qualify the security and medical clearance tests.
Apart from the monetary criteria, other eligibility requirements remain the same as per the latest information. Once the procedure is complete, the applicant is rewarded with a Canada business visa and after arriving in the country, the immigrant is granted a permanent Residence Card.
The new changes will be applicable from the 10th of September, 2018 when the program reopens. The applications will be received until 15th of March 2019. For further information, checkout our website.
Quebec Immigrant Investor Program 2018-19
If Quebec Immigrant Investor Program is your aim, start working on your immigration portfolio and get your application ready for the coming September. To know more updates and information about the program stay tuned to our portal.
You can seek assistance and advice from our legal experts at your convenience. Don’t wait further, Contact Us now and find out all the necessary details about the program and the procedure involved.