Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment
The Saint Lucia Citizenship Act passed by the Parliament in August of 2015 makes St Lucia the fifth Caribbean country to offer citizenship by investment program. The Act enables individuals and families to acquire Saint Lucian citizenship upon making a qualifying investment. When opting to be a citizen of Saint Lucia, you must be aware that government not just offering citizenship but offering an identity.
Requirements and Procedures
To be eligible for St. Lucia citizenship under its Citizenship by Investment Program, the Government requires an investment in one of the four approved areas.
A qualifying investment under the Citizenship by Investment Program shall satisfy at least a minimum investment in one of the four approved areas.
- A) Saint Lucia National Economic Fund
- B) Real Estate Projects
- C) Enterprise Projects
- D) Government Bonds “This option is hereby suspended until further notice.”
A) Saint Lucia National Economic Fund
- Applicant applying alone: US$100,000
- Applicant applying with spouse: US$135,000
- Applicant applying with spouse and up to two (2) other qualifying dependents: US$185,000
- Each additional qualifying dependent up to age of 25 : US$25,000
B) Real Estate Projects
The minimum investment in a real estate project is required:
- Main Applicant: US$300,000
C) Enterprise Projects
The minimum investment in an approved enterprise project has been approved is required:
Option 1 – A sole applicant: US$3,500,000
Option 2 – More than one applicant (joint venture): US$ 6,000,000 with each applicant contributing minimum US$1,000,000
D) Government Bond Option Entails:
The existing regulations for the investors purchasing government bonds are as following:
• Single applicant: US$ 500,000
• Applicant with spouse: US$ 535,000
• Applicant with spouse and up to 2 dependents: US$ 550,000
• Each additional dependent: US$ 25,000
The notice further states that the pursuant of St Lucia Citizenship are required to pay a non-refundable administration fee of USD 50,000 for each bond.
Other Application Fees
The following fees have been prescribed under the Citizenship by Investment Regulations of 2015.
Non-refundable processing fees
- Principal applicant: US$ 2000
- Each qualifying dependent: US$ 1000
Non-refundable administration fees
(applicable for an approved real estate or enterprise project investment)
- Principal applicant: US$ 50,000
- Each qualifying dependent: US$ 35,000 (18 years of age and over)
- Each qualifying dependent: US$ 25,000 (under 18 years of age)
Due diligence fees
- Principal applicant: US$ 7,500
- Each qualifying dependent (Over 16 years of age): US$ 5,000
As a citizen of St. Lucia, you can take advantage of a range of personal benefits which include:
- Visa-free travel to more than 110 countries, including the EU-Schengen, United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong and Ireland
- Minimal taxation – no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax
- Full residence status, with the right to live and work in St. Lucia
- Dual citizenship is allowed
- No residency requirements
- The application process is confidential.
- Minimum processing time around 90 days.
CTrustGlobal is a government appointed authorized agent to promote the Saint Lucia Citizenship Program by Investment and facilitate the process for the interested investors. Investors can contact us for other details on fees and alternative investment routes.
For further information on the program and on how to apply for the Saint Lucia Citizenship Program by Investment – or to arrange a free consultation – please contact us today.