The Citizenship Unit of the Govt. of Dominica has issued a notice for future applicants to be implemented from Monday, 3rd of Feb, 2020.
to this notice the citizenship unit of Dominica has instructed all the Govt.
authorized Agents to -
- Submit with both the electronic and
hard copy applications a world check/ pre-screen due diligence of their
applicant(s) from a reputable due diligence company.
The notice further mentions about applicants who do not
qualify for the program. These are-
- Applicants who have been denied a visa from jurisdictions with whom the Commonwealth of Dominica has a visa waiver agreement (i.e. the Schengen Region and the United Kingdom) should refrain from applying to the program.
As such those who have been denied a visa from UK and Schengen Regions need not apply for Dominica Citizenship.
notice mentions nationals of Iran, Sudan and North Korea have to qualify for
the following conditions before applying for the program-
- That they have lived and resided out
of the jurisdiction for a period of 10 years
- They have not performed any business
or similar activity in the stated jurisdictions.
- They have no substantial assets in
Lastly, the Citizenship by Investment Unit also notified
- For applicants who
intend to invest in Real Estate for Citizenship, Proof of full Investment into
the relevant account must be shown along with other required documents.
These criteria will come to effect from Monday on, those
who have applied before the 3rd of Feb, 2020 need only refer to the
policy in effect before the issuance of this notice.
For more details or queries contact us.