Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment
A growing tourist hub Antigua and Barbuda is a twin-island nation with a beautiful landscape and a large number of exotic beaches. To further expand and strengthen the economy with direct foreign investment, the Government has started its pilot Citizenship by Investment Program also widely referred to as CIP.
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program:
Relatively new, the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Act was introduced in 2013 by the Government to grant citizenship to interested foreign nationals who qualify the requirements and criteria. The Citizenship by Investment Program (CIP) is subject to a stringent application procedure and due diligence exercise.
From filing the application till its approval, CTrustGlobal is your go-to equipped with revolutionary artillery deploying a meticulous work force and outstanding services.
Requirements and Procedures
The application for Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program requires the investor to either contribute into the National Development Fund (NDF) or invest in an authorized Real Estate project or make a Business Investment. These crucial conditions are mentioned below in thorough detail-
1. Donation to the National Development Fund (NDF):
A non-refundable monetary contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF) of at least US$ 100,000.00 for single applicant.
2. Real Estate
An investment of at least US$ 400,000.00 into one of the approved real estate projects is required from investors. The property is to be held for minimum 5 years. The cost of property tax, registration, processing fees must be paid on top of the property value!
Limited Time Offer!
The minimum investment remains at US$400,000. However, until 31st October, 2018, two (2) applications from related parties can make a joint investment, with each applicant investing a minimum of US$200,000 in order to qualify. All processing and due diligence fees remain unchanged
3. Business Investment
An investment of a minimum of US$ 1.5 Million directly into a qualified business either as a single investor. In case of joint investment involving at least 2 persons, an investment of at least US$ 5 Million is applicable. Each of those partners must individually invest at least US$ 400,000.00.
• Government Fees: The fees applicable under the program are stated in the table below. 10% of the government fee is payable (and non-refundable) upon submission of an application with the balance due following receipt of an approval letter. A government fee is charged for each family member as prescribed in the list given below.The due diligence fee is charged for each family member above the age of 11 years as prescribed in the table below. The due diligence fee is payable upon submission of the application.
• Due Diligence Fee: The due diligence fee, payable upon submission of the application, is charged for each family member above 11 years, as mentioned in the table below. Schedule of Fees
• Passport Fee: Each family member is required to pay the amount prescribed for the Second Passport from Antigua and Barbuda Passport Office.
Schedule of Fees
|Government fee – Principal Applicant||US$ 50,000|
|Government fee – Spouse||US$ 50,000|
|Government fee – Dependent child aged 0-11||US$ 25,000|
|Government fee – Dependent child aged 12-17||US$ 25,000|
|Government fee – Dependent child aged 18-25||US$ 50,000|
|Government fee – Dependent parent aged over 65||US$ 50,000|
|Due diligence fee – Principal Applicant||US$ 7,500|
|Due diligence fee – Spouse||US$ 7,500|
|Due diligence fee – Dependent child aged 0-11||US$ 0|
|Due diligence fee – Dependent child aged 12-17||US$ 2,000|
|Due diligence fee – Dependent child aged 18-25||US$ 4,000|
|Due diligence fee – Dependent parent aged over 65||US$ 4,000|
|Passport fee – each person||US$ 300|
BENEFITS of Antigua and Barbuda CIP:
Once your application is successfully approved and you are accepted as a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda, you get several benefits and advantages including the following:
- Visa free travel to approximately 130 countries, including the UK, EU Schengen, Hong Kong
- No taxes on worldwide income, capital gains, dividends, gift, wealth and inheritance.
- Full residence status, with the right to live, work and study in Antigua and Barbuda.Dual citizenship is allowed.
- Inclusion of family, i.e. spouse , children, parents and grandparents in the simultaneous application.
- Dual citizenship with the facility of second passport is allowed.
- No skills, business experience or education required.
- Processing time approximately 6 months.
The main applicant must be 18 years of age and above to qualify for the Citizenship by Investment Program of Antigua and Barbuda. Further applicable requirements are mentioned below:
• Evidence supporting impeccable character
• No criminal record
• Excellent health record
• Sound net financial worth to be eligible to pay for the minimum application fee.
After the approval of application and the grant of citizenship, the immigrant investors is required to visit the country for only 5 days at least once in 5 years. Failing this requirement within the prescribed duration may jeopardize the investors citizenship status!
For any queries or more information and on how to apply for Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship program, please contact us today.We can arrange a free consultation as per your convenience!