CITIZENSHIP IN DOMINICA
The Commonwealth of Dominica is known as the ‘nature island of the Caribbean’ due to its unspoiled natural beauty, offering an abundance of mountains, waterfalls, hot springs, black and white sand beaches and 365 rivers. Dominica runs one of the world’s most reputable citizenship by investment programs, which offers prudent investors the ability to access the world through a trusted and affordable route to a second citizenship.
The highly reputable Dominica Economic Citizenship Program invites investors of good character to make an economic contribution to Dominica and in exchange, the applicant and their family are eligible to obtain full citizenship of the country, within the strict guidelines of the law.
The Citizenship by Investment Program of Dominica has been operating since 1993 and is legally entrenched in the Dominican Constitution and the Citizenship Act.
To be eligible for Dominica citizenship under its Citizenship by Investment Programme, the Government requires either:
- A contribution made into the Government Fund amounting to USD 100,000 depending on the number of dependents included in the application;
- An investment in designated Real Estate with a value of at least USD 200,000.
GOVERNMENT FUND OPTION:
To qualify for citizenship under this investment option, there are four investment categories with different contribution amounts, based on the number of dependents included in the application, which are as follows:
1. Single Applicant: a non-refundable contribution of USD 100,000 is required
2. Main Applicant and Spouse: a non-refundable contribution of USD 175,000 is required
3. Applicant with up to three dependents (Applicant plus spouse and two dependent below the age of 28): a non-refundable contribution of USD 200,000
4. Applicant with up to four dependents or more (Applicant plus spouse and more than two children below the age of 28): a non-refundable contribution of USD 200,000 (plus USD 50,000 for each additional dependent)
5. Dependent Parents of Age 55 or above: an additional non-refundable contribution of USD 50,000 for each dependent parent)
In addition to the contribution made into the Government Fund, certain fees are also payable including due diligence fees and other fees. as mentioned in fees and disbursement section above.
REAL ESTATE OPTION:
To qualify for citizenship in Dominica under the Real Estate Option under the Citizenship by Investment Program, an applicant must purchase authorized real estate to the minimum value of USD 200,000.
Given that the application procedure under this option entails the purchase of real estate, this can prolong the processing time, which is subject to the chosen property.
The real estate must be held for 3 years and may be eligible for re-sale under the Citizenship by Investment Programme after 5 years from the original purchase date.
Learn More About Silver Beach Resort Project by Dominica Government.
Why is it important to apply for second citizenship and second passport through us?
It is important to apply for second citizenship and second passport with New Dominica Citizenship (Alick Lawrence Chambers), because:
- We are the most reliable Dominica Government Approved Economic Citizenship Agent since the beginging of program.
- We got extraordinary efficient system and highly skilled lawyers and set of professional advisors, who are taking care of your applications and getting you through the whole process, hassle-free.
- We reduce the cost of telecommunication and unnecessary travels back and forth.
- We present an application free from mistakes and speed up the process
- We assist you on money transfer issues in addition of making payments easier for you.
- We do all the paper works for you such as notarizing and court issues.
- Not to get a refusal from the Government of Dominica.
- Speed up your application process and passport issues as result of local follow up.
Dominica has been named as one of the world’s happiest places to live. Boasting a high number of centurions (people who have lived to be older than 100 years), it offers an easy lifestyle within a safe, peaceful and pristine environment with a culturally vibrant and friendly community.
The “Nature Island of the Caribbean” is a green tropical paradise and one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. It is practically untouched nature with countless rivers and waterfalls, and emerald green mountains dropping dramatically into the turquoise sea.
Dominica hosts the world’s second-largest hot spring, Boiling Lake and features lush, mountainous rainforests, which are home to many rare plant, animal, and bird species. Dominica’s clear and calm oceans offer excellent opportunities for diving and snorkelling and have spectacular dive sites including shipwrecks and even underwater hot springs.
In 1998, Dominica’s Morne Trois Pitons National Park was designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Since 1997 Dominica has actively participated in the work of Green Globe to develop a model for ecotourism within Dominica.
BUSINESS ADVANTAGES OF DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP
- Minimal taxation – no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax and no personal income tax for residents
- Dominica is signatory of double taxation treaties with the USA and Caricom
- There is No restriction on the repatriation of profits and imported capital
- Generous incentive packages including corporate tax incentives, full exemption from import duties, tax relief benefits and export allowance
- Currency pegged to US Dollar
- Duty Free Trading in Caribbean
Passport holders can use their citizenship to benefit from greater ease of international travel, including to the United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong , Ireland and complete European Schengen states. Moreover, the government of Dominica has provided a number of fiscal and other concessions which aim to make doing business in this island paradise even more attractive, these include generous tax holidays, import duty and tax waivers, and streamlined processes.
Successful applicants can benefit from visa-free travel to the countries below. It must be noted that visa-free travel to the countries listed below is subject to change. It is strongly advisable that the relevant Government authorities and agencies are contacted prior to travel arrangements made.
The Dominica passport holders
Here is a list of countries that Commonwealth of Dominica passport holders can travel to, either without a visa, where a visa on arrival will be issued or where free entry is given for a fixed period.
Note: This list is intended only as a guide which is current as 2009 and at the time of posting.
However, Travellers are advised to visit the relevant embassies official website or contact the nearest Embassy/Consulate for country he interest to visit in their home country to verify if this information continues to be accurate, or if there have been any recent changes.
|Visa Free or/and on Arrival for Dominica Passport Holder
|Note: It is just indicated list and everyone must check with the nearest embassy before his travel plan
ANTIGUA & BARBUDA
BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS
CAPE VERDE ISLANDS
GRENADA & THE GRENADINES
NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS*
SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE*
ST. KITTS & NEVIS
ST. VICENT & THE GRENADINES
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
TURKS & CAICOS
* Visa on arrival
FEES APPLICABLE (NDF)
Following approval of a real estate investment application, additional Government Fees are payable including the due diligence fees. as mentioned here below:
In addition to the capital investment required for the selected investment option, additional fees are payable by each family member.
These comprise of the following:
Per Application – USD 3,000
DUE DILIGENCE FEES (required for both the Real Estate and the Government Fund options)
Main Applicant – USD 7,500*
Spouse – USD 7,500
Dependant aged 16 years and above – USD 4000
*In some cases, an enhanced due diligence may be required depending on the citizenship the applicant holds and an additional fee to be paid.
OTHER FEES (required for both the Real Estate and the Government Fund options)
Fee for Certificate of Naturalisation – USD 750 per person
Expedited passport issue fee – USD 1,200 per person
GOVERNMENT FEES FOR THE REAL ESTATE OPTION ONLY
The minimum required investment for the Real Estate Option is USD 200,000
The following government fees are applicable for the main applicant and any accompanying dependents:
- USD 50,000 for the Main Applicant
- USD 25,000 for the Spouse
- USD 20,000 for a dependent of the main applicant under the age of 18
- USD 50,000 for a dependent of the main applicant aged 18-25 years
- USD $75,000 for a family of up to four persons including the main applicant and 3 dependents
- USD $100,000 for a family of up to 6 persons including the main applicant and up to 5 dependents
As a citizen of Dominica, you can take advantage of a range of personal benefits which include:
- Becoming a citizen of this peaceful and welcoming country for life through one of the oldest and most trusted citizenship by investment programmes
- Visa-free travel to more than 100+ countries, including the EU-Schengen, United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong and Ireland
- Minimal taxation – no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax
- Full residence status, with the right to live and work in Dominica
- Dual citizenship is allowed
- There is no requirement to reside in Dominica before or after citizenship is granted
- The application process is confidential.
List of Required Documents:
APPLICANT PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
- Passport(s) copy/copies and Driving License(s).
- Birth certificate(s) and Identity card(s).
- Marriage certificate / Divorce certificate “if any”.
- Letter of Employment or Trade License and Financial Statement for self-employed.
- Education Certificate(s) and letter from school/university for any student(s).
- Police report(s) from country of origin/residence(s) for who 16 years old & above.
- Military certificate.
- Eight passport photos “white background and dark dress”
- Bank Reference letter
- One-year bank statement.
- Proof of Address.
- Two personal character references
- One professional reference.
GOVERNMENT APPLICATION FORMS
- Form D1, Disclosure Form.
- Form D2, Fingerprint and signature.
- Form D3, Investment Form.
- Form D4, Medical Form along with lab test.
- Form12, Two original forms.
Official Website of Dominica Government: Find the latest information about changes in Dominica Government
Office of the Prime Minister: Website to contact directly Prime Minister of Dominica.
High Commissions & Consular Offices United Kingdom: The Dominica High Commission is the diplomatic representative of the Commonwealth of Dominica in the United Kingdom and Europe.
Financial Services Regulatory Commission: The Ministry of Finance is central to the development strategy of the Government.
Invest Dominica: Guide for the investment option in Dominica.
Customs: Responsible for the collecting revenue due on imports and ensuring compliance with customs and other relevant laws.