Project Description

UK Visa Immigration

The United Kingdom’s Tier 1 visa immigration scheme is part of the five-tier points based visa system for immigration to the UK. Tier 1 visas are for eligible entrepreneurs, investors, and for the very small number of people who can come under the ‘Exceptional Talent’ visa category. The various Tier 1 visa categories replaced similar immigration schemes in early 2008.

We would remind you that, if you stay in the UK legally for five years or more, you may be eligible to apply for settlement; also known as indefinite leave to remain.

If you are a wealthy individual and wish to live in the UK, you should consider the Tier 1 (Investor) visa.

Investors are exempt from both the English language requirement and the requirement to provide further proof of the ability to support themselves and any dependents.

UK Tier 1 Investors Program

1. Overview

You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if:

You must have at least £2,000,000 investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa.

You must:

  • be 16 years old to apply for this visa
  • be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner

Your funds must be:

  • held in 1 or more regulated financial institutions
  • free to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK

Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply.

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

You need to have a blank page in your passport on which to put the visa.

Evidence of investment funds

You’ll need to provide evidence showing that you have the required investment funds.

Your own money

If you’re using your own money to invest, you should be able to show:

  • how much money you have and where it’s being held
  • where the money came from if you haven’t had the money for at least 3 months (eg you inherited it from a relative)
  • that the money can be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling (if it’s not already in the UK)

Your partner’s money

You’ll need to provide:

  • a certificate of marriage or civil partnership, or in the case of unmarried or same-sex relationships, proof that you are in a long-term (at least 2 years) relationship
  • a statement from your partner confirming that they will allow you to control the funds in the UK
  • a letter from a legal adviser stating that the declaration is valid

You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English or Welsh.

Read the guide for a full list of documents you can provide.

You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.