When opting to be a citizen of Saint Lucia, you must be aware that we are not just offering citizenship but we are offering an identity, a people and our place in the world. We are a special and extraordinary island. We are the owners of a unique patrimony. It is one thing to have a beautiful country, beautiful topography but it is really the people that inhabit that land that makes the vital difference. Saint Lucia’s motto captures all of our combined treasures – the land, the people, the light.
A qualifying investment under the Citizenship by Investment Programme shall satisfy at least a minimum investment in one of the four approved areas. Discuss with us what best suits your needs.
Saint Lucia National Economic Fund
Saint Lucia National Economic Fund is a special fund established under Section 33 of the Citizenship by Investment Act for the sole purpose of receiving qualifying investments of cash for funding government sponsored projects.
The Minister for Finance is required each financial year to gain approval from Parliament for allocation of funds for specified purposes.
Once an application for citizenship by means of an investment in the Saint Lucia National Economic Fund has been approved, the following minimum investment is required:
- Applicant applying alone: US$200,000
- Applicant applying with spouse: US$235,000
- Applicant applying with spouse and up to two (2) other qualifying dependants: US$250,000
- Each additional qualifying dependant, of any age: US$25,000
Real Estate Projects
Once approved, the real estate project becomes available for qualifying investments from applicants for citizenship by investment.
The applicant is required to execute a binding purchase and sales agreement for an investment in an approved real estate project. Investments, equalling the agreed purchase price, are deposited in an approved irrevocable escrow account managed jointly by the developer and the Citizenship by Investment Unit in Saint Lucia.
Once an application for citizenship by means of an investment in a real estate project has been approved, the following minimum investment is required:
- Main Applicant: US$300,000
Once approved the enterprise project becomes available for qualifying investments from applicants for citizenship by investment.
Once an application for citizenship by means of an investment in an approved enterprise project has been approved, the following minimum investment is required:
Option 1 – A sole applicant.
- A minimum investment of US$3,500,000
Option 2 – More than one applicant (joint venture).
- A minimum investment of US$ 6,000,000 with each applicant contributing no less than US$1,000,000
Citizenship by investment may be made through the purchase of non-interest-bearing Government bonds. These bonds must be registered and remain in the name of the applicant for a five (5) year holding period from the date of first issue and not attract a rate of interest.
Once an application for citizenship by means of an investment in government bonds has been approved, the following minimum investment is required:
- Applicant applying alone: US$500,000
- Applicant applying with spouse: US$535,000
- Applicant applying with spouse and up to two (2) other qualifying dependants: US$550,000
- Each additional qualifying dependant: US$25,000
Why is it important to apply for second citizenship and second passport through us?
It is important to apply for second citizenship and second passport with us, because:
- We are the first Official Promoter for CIP St. Lucia.
- We got extraordinary efficient system and highly skilled lawyers and set of professional advisors, who are taking care of your applications and getting you through the whole process, hassle-free.
- We reduce the cost of telecommunication and unnecessary travels back and forth.
- We present an application free from mistakes and speed up the process
- We assist you on money transfer issues in addition of making payments easier for you.
- We do all the paper works for you such as notarizing and court issues.
- Not to get a refusal from the Government of Dominica.
- Speed up your application process and passport issues as result of local follow up.
Citizens of St Lucia can benefit from visa-free travel to about 120 countries, listed below. Please note however that visa-free travel to the listed countries is subject to change. We strongly recommend contacting the relevant Government authorities and agencies before travelling
Visa-Free Travel to the Following Countries
* Visa issued on arrival.
Antigua & Barbuda
Laos People’s Dem. Rep.*
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Vincent & Grenadines
Trinidad & Tobago
The following fees have been prescribed under the Citizenship by Investment Regulations of 2015.
Non-refundable processing fees
Each qualifying dependent:
Non-refundable administration fees
(applicable for an approved real estate or enterprise project investment)
Each qualifying dependant:
(18 years of age and over)
Each qualifying dependant:
(under 18 years of age)
Due diligence fees
Each qualifying dependent (Over 16 years of age):
There are many factors to consider when choosing a country for citizenship by investment. We have crafted a citizenship by investment programme to match the ambitions of all prospective applicants. From our four unique investment platforms, to our annual cap of elite investors, to our enthralling cultural engagements, we invite you to enjoy life and prosperity with us.
The cost of investing in Saint Lucia for the purpose of obtaining citizenship has been set to be on par with similar programmes. Applicants have a choice of four options which range from an investment amount of US $200,000 to US $3,500,000 for a single applicant. Applicants are also expected to pay the processing and administration fees associated with their application.
Applications for citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia will be processed within three months of the application being accepted for processing by the Citizenship by Investment Unit.
In 2015, Saint Lucian citizens had visa-free or visa on arrival access to over one hundred and twenty (120) countries and territories, ranking the ordinary Saint Lucian passport 35th in the world according to the Visa Restrictions Index.
Saint Lucian citizens can enjoy access to many countries including those in the European Union, other parts of the Caribbean and South America.
Qualtiy of Life
Saint Lucia has a quality of life that is rivaled by very few places in the world. We have a relatively low crime rate, access to modern facilities, services and infrastructure, world class restaurants and hotels and prime real estate.
Residents have the options of living closer to the major population centres or closer to the more tranquil countryside to enjoy greener living. It takes just over an hour to travel from the north to the south of the island on a light traffic day, so no place is very far.
Anyone applying for citizenship by investment in Saint Lucia must do so through a licenced authorised agent. A Document Checklist SL1 has been provided to each applicant. The Document Checklist details what each applicant must provide in order for their application to be complete.
The Citizenship by Investment Board will consider an application for citizenship and the outcome may either be to grant, deny or delay for cause, an application for citizenship by investment.
- The average processing time from receipt of an application to notification of the outcome is three (3) months. Where, in exceptional cases, it is expected that the processing time will be longer than three (3) months, the authorised agent will be informed of the reason for the anticipated delay.
- An application for citizenship by investment must be submitted in electronic and printed form by an authorised agent on behalf of an applicant.
- All applications must be completed in English.
- All documents submitted with the application must be in the English Language or an authenticated translation into the English Language.
- NB: An authenticated translation means a translation effected by either a professional translator who is officially accredited to a court of law, a government agency, an international organization or similar official institution, or if effected in a country where there are no official accredited translators, a translation effected by a company whose role or business is effecting professional translations.
- ALL requisite supporting documents must be attached to applications before they can be processed by the Unit.
- All applications must be accompanied by the requisite non-refundable processing and due diligence fees for the principal applicant, his or her spouse and each other qualifying dependent.
- Incomplete application forms will be returned to the authorised agent.
- Where an application for citizenship by investment has been granted, the Unit will notify the authorised agent that the qualifying investment and requisite government administration fees must be paid before the Certificate of Citizenship can be granted.
- Where an application has been denied, the applicant may, in writing, request a review by the Minister.
Any individual wishing to submit an application to the Citizenship by Investment Programme must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have a net worth of at least US $3,000,000.00;
- Satisfy a minimum qualifying investment in one of the following categories –
- The Saint Lucia National Economic Fund;
- An approved Real Estate development;
- An approved Enterprise project; or
- The purchase of Government bonds
- Provide details and evidence of the proposed qualifying investment;
- Pass a diligence background check along with their qualifying dependents over the age of 16;
- Provide full and frank disclosure on all matters pertaining to the application; and
- Pay the requisite non-refundable processing, due diligence and administrative fees upon application.