The government of St. Lucia initially launched the ‘’Covid-19 Relief Bond’’ under its citizenship by investment program on May 12th, which was previously set to expire on 31st December 2020.
Cabinet of Ministers of Saint Lucia has now extended the offering of the special COVID-19 relief bond for one more year until 31st December, 2021. The CIP Unit will soon be accepting applications under the COVID-19 relief bond for 2021 as soon as the amendments to the requisite regulations to allow for the extension are done. Moreover, no change has been proposed to the application fees and commission structure for the Special COVID-19 Relief Bond in 2021. Hence, it will remain the same as this year.
The COVID-19 Relief Bond intends to remove the pressure on St. Lucia government with an aim to replace the existing debt by providing attractive investment options. It promises applicants a high return on investment in the bond after the set time and makes them eligible for citizenship.
Prime Minister of Saint Lucia, Hon. Allen Chastanet announced that the new investment option will enable applicants to invest in a non-interest-bearing government bond to which no processing fee is payable by the applicant. However, the bond must be registered and remain in the name of the applicant from the date of first issue. Once the application for citizenship has been granted, the applicant is liable to pay an administrative fee of US$ 30,000. This option is available only till Dec 31st 2020.
- Sole applicant (five-year holding bond): US$250,000
- Applicant applying with 1 qualifying dependent (six-year holding bond): US$250,000
- Applicant applying with up to 4 qualifying dependents (seven-year holding bond): US$250,000
- Applicant applying with up to 4 qualifying dependents (five-year holding bond): US$300,000
- Each additional qualifying dependent, along with an applicant applying with up to 4 qualifying dependents: US$15,000
Contact our government authorized consultants to explore more options in St. Lucia citizenship by investment program by sending us your enquiry on firstname.lastname@example.org